Tom Hiddleston said whether he plans to continue playing Loki: He's been playing the role for 14 years:.

Tom Hiddleston said whether he plans to continue playing Loki: He's been playing the role for 14 years:

How time flies.

Tom Hiddleston visited Jimmy Kimmel Live and discussed his career at Marvel with the host. The actor was reminded that he has been playing Loki for 14 years.

When someone says [it's been 14 years], it just blows my mind. I was 28 when I was cast in 2009, and now I'm 43. But I played this amazing character into adulthood, and this role completely changed the course of my life.

Tom Hiddleston

The presenter asked whether the actor was going to continue playing the God of Mischief. And he asked not to lie, because he knows that Marvel stars are often forced to lie when talking about the studio’s future projects.

I don't know if I'll play Loki again. I know that in the second season of the series we have come to a kind of closure of the narrative, and that makes me very happy.

Hiddleston also noted that he does not consider his character a villain. In his opinion, the hero simply made several wrong decisions.

You know, that attempt to take over New York when the Avengers had to stop him, well, it was just a bad day at the office. I would like to think that you know that in 14 years he has become more generous, loving and heroic.

The second season of Loki will be released in October 2023. Previously, executive producer of the project Kevin R. Wright said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter that for him the last minutes of the show became a kind of send-off. And he's sure the entire crew feels the same.

We wanted this to be a fitting ending to our show, but that doesn't mean there won't be any more Loki or Loki stories in this world. We just wanted to get the ending right, which is something Marvel doesn't do very often.

Kevin R. Wright