“The fund itself”: Khamatova spoke for the first time about seriously ill children whom she helped in Russia.

“The fund itself”: Khamatova spoke for the first time about seriously ill children whom she helped in Russia

The actress has been living in Latvia since February and has no plans to return to Russia yet. She works in a local theater, where her first premiere has already taken place.

Chulpan Khamatova has been living in Latvia for four months now. The actress left Russia back in February, leaving her real estate and job in Moscow.

The people's favorite left the country in a hurry: she and her children did not stay in Russia and preferred to settle in Riga. There, the actress built a large country house several years ago, and at the New Riga Theater they found a couple of roles for her.

“The fund itself”: Khamatova spoke for the first time about seriously ill children whom she helped in Russia
Chulpan Khamatova

“Zuleikha’s” life is gradually getting better: housing, work, popularity - she has it all. The only thing that today still connects her with Russia is the Gift of Life charity foundation. It was organized many years ago and during this time it saved hundreds of children.

The actress remained silent about the fate of her brainchild for the longest time: she talked about titles, about politics, about the abolition of Russian culture, but invariably avoided the topic of the foundation.

Russians asked the actress this question almost every day. And finally, the popular actress decided to answer what fate awaits the seriously ill children who are wards of the charity organization.

In a conversation with Latvian reporters, the actress admitted: this part of her life will remain unchanged - she will continue to help her wards .

“The fund operates on its own. And it will continue to work. I remain its founder. As before, I will do my best to help him from here, as I always did, as a volunteer,” says the actress.

Chulpan Khamatova

Back in March, after Chulpan’s departure, the foundation expressed hope that she would not leave her brainchild.

“The fund continues to work. This whole story is exaggerated, but nothing has changed for us. Chulpan, of course, remains the founder of the fund and will continue to help as a volunteer, as she always did, just now remotely,” Ekaterina Shergova, director of the fund, told ProPedia.

• The Gift of Life Foundation responded to the departure of Chulpan Khamatova

This part of the 46-year-old actress's life remained unchanged, but everything else collapsed. Many colleagues are sure that Khamatova will soon want to return back, because life in Latvia is very expensive, and the salary of an actress in the theater does not even reach a thousand euros. However, the actress herself does not complain about life.

Even more news in our  Telegram channel.

Photo: Legion Media