“Through your prayers”: Nikita Mikhalkov was discharged from the hospital.

“Through your prayers”: Nikita Mikhalkov was discharged from the hospital

In early January, the director was hospitalized with pneumonia. Today he announced that he has returned home, but has a long rehabilitation ahead of him.

In recent years, Nikita Mikhalkov has repeatedly complained of health problems, but in early January he found himself in critical condition. In the midst of the New Year holidays, the Baza Telegram channel reported that the master of cinema was admitted to intensive care with suspected Covid, but this diagnosis was not confirmed.

Doctors were afraid to make any predictions, but noted that the cause of hospitalization was pneumonia.

Many fans of Nikita Sergeevich were worried that at his age the disease could cause irreparable harm to the body, but five days later the director got in touch as if nothing had happened. He emphasized that he receives an incredible number of messages with words of support, and thanks to them he feels much better.

The director decided to strictly follow the doctors’ instructions in everything, but at the same time did not give up and did not become discouraged. On the same day, he admitted that he already felt the strength to have long conversations with relatives on the phone and to search for ideas for his show.

Nikita Mikhalkov
Nikita Mikhalkov

As it turned out, Nikita Mikhalkov was not joking about his work. On the evening of January 24, he published a new post on his Telegram channel and shared the good news - he was discharged from the hospital and is already at home.

“My dear friends are not a figure of speech: it is ''dear'' and precisely ''friends''! I am sure that in many ways, in addition to the enormous work of the doctors and all those who were nearby, your ardent desire for my recovery, your prayers brought me home. Of course, some time is still required for recovery and rehabilitation, but since the doctors released me, it means they are calm,” Mikhalkov wrote.

Nikita Mikhalkov
Nikita Mikhalkov

The director has already begun preparing a new episode of the Besogon program. He expressed hope that viewers will see the program very soon.

Despite the fact that Nikita Mikhalkov celebrated his 77th birthday a few months ago, he has repeatedly admitted that he still feels young. However, due to some health problems, she rarely appears in public lately.

The director notes that nothing serious is happening to him, his leg is just bothering him. Mikhalkov damaged it many years ago, but was never able to fully heal it. In recent years, the director has undergone seven complex operations and spent a total of more than 39 hours under anesthesia, but he has not yet been able to completely solve the problem.

Even more news in our  Telegram channel.

Photo: Legion Media