“If I were a thing, it would be a coat or a Cheburashka fur coat”: Victoria Bonya about her style, favorite brands and talisman jewelry donated by Smurfit.

“If I were a thing, it would be a coat or a Cheburashka fur coat”: Victoria Bonya about her style, favorite brands and talisman jewelry donated by Smurfit

ProPedia is launching a new section “Fashion Conversation”, in which our favorite stars talk about their style from A to Z. Our project is opened by the irresistible Victoria Bonya.

If you love fashion, follow trends, and passionately study the outfits of stars, then our new “Fashion Talk” section is for you. How often have you asked yourself the questions “Curious, what brand is it?”, “How much does it cost?”, looking at the images of popular celebrities? We have such interest regularly, so we decided to launch a style guide from domestic fashionistas.

From our fashion questionnaire you will find out where the stars dress, how much their favorite outfits cost, whose style they are inspired by and what items of their wardrobe they would never trade for others.

The first heroine of our series of materials was Victoria Bonya. Each of her publications is thoughtful, interesting and causes a powerful resonance. She is invariably feminine, elegant and looks like a million – no less!

If you were a piece of clothing, what would it be?

Victoria Bonya
Google images

Victoria Bonya: I would probably be something warm, something warming, something necessary for people. It’s unlikely that this is a pair of jeans, a blouse or a dress, but rather a warm coat or a Cheburashka fur coat - what you need in cold weather.

An image you're proud of?

Victoria Bonya
Google images

V.B.: In general, every appearance on the red carpet is painstaking work. And I have something to be proud of. First of all, let's talk about my images from the Cannes Film Festival. In 2017, I walked the red carpet in a nude-black “mermaid” dress from the brand Vicedomini. I had amazing makeup, hair, and Chopard jewelry to complete the look. I would also like to note the outfit of 2018: for the premiere of the film “Solo: A Star Wars. Stories” I came in a fluffy dress from the Portuguese brand Joao Rolo Couture. By the way, I got a short haircut right during the festival.

Which famous person's style do you like?

Victoria Bonya, Victoria Beckham
Google images

V.B.:
Of course, this is Victoria Beckham. I find her style very interesting, and any descriptive words are unnecessary here.

What clothes, shoes, accessories or even underwear are you willing to save on, and what are you absolutely not?

V.B.: If I like a thing, if it’s exactly what I need, then I’ll definitely buy it. In general, the word “saving” is not about me. I never think about the need to limit myself somewhere, to deny myself the pleasure of getting what I want. I don’t skimp on myself or my loved ones. I like to be generous. In my opinion, if the soul is generous, then the person is generous, and if the soul is stingy...

What is the most expensive and, accordingly, cheapest item in your wardrobe?

Victoria Bonya
Google images

V.B.: I won’t name a specific outfit in either case. I just don't remember. The most expensive dress in my wardrobe is probably a dress from some couture collection worth tens of thousands of dollars. And the cheapest were T-shirts from the mass market, which I liked and bought. They cost about 20-30 dollars (1500-2000 rubles - approx. ProPedia).

Which brands from the mass market segment do you prefer?

Victoria Bonya
Google images

V.B.: I like Topshop, Zara. True, I visit Zara stores less and less often, since the quality of the clothes no longer suits me. In my opinion, it was better before, but now the threads are sticking out... Quality is very important to me, I pay attention to the most insignificant details. That is why I created my own clothing line, which in terms of prices can be compared with the above-mentioned mass market brand, and the quality of the items is at the highest level. Take the same jeans that we released last year: they cost 4 thousand rubles, but they fit perfectly, emphasize the figure and hide all the flaws.

What's your latest fashion purchase?

Victoria Bonya
Google images

V.B.: I buy so many things that I don’t even have time to remember everything (laughs). I have a buyer (an agent who makes purchases of fashionable clothes - approx. ProPedia), to whom I say: “I like the first, second, third,” and they bring everything to me. This is how I buy outfits from the current collections of fashion houses, and at good discounts. I won’t name my last purchase, because, as a rule, it’s not one thing, but ten or twenty at once.

What item of clothing dominates your wardrobe?

Victoria Bonya
Google images

V.B.: Oddly enough, this is something comfortable - jeans, tracksuits, sweaters, jackets. I also have a lot of outerwear and, of course, shoes in my wardrobe. Most of my shoes are from two brands: Louboutins and Jimmy Choo. Although Louboutins still predominate: all the models are classic and all are made to order, because these pumps are not made from the leather that I like.

Do you have any favorite Russian fashion brands?

Victoria Bonya
Google images

V.B.: I adore Mila Yurakova’s outfits - she is a very talented designer. She was the one who dressed me for Cosmopolitan. Video version”, as well as a recent cocktail party in honor of the launch of my jewelry collection together with Roberto Bravo. Her outfits are very cool, high quality, stylish.

Is there an item that you might want to buy, but don't because you think it's unreasonably expensive?

“If I were a thing, it would be a coat or a Cheburashka fur coat”: Victoria Bonya about her style, favorite brands and talisman jewelry donated by Smurfit
Google images

V.B.: I don’t think there are any. There are things that I bought and never wore. My friend even calls me Plyushkin. I buy things, bags, shoes, and they just sit there for six months or a year. So, last September I bought Gucci boots, and now it’s March and I haven’t worn them even once. This is no longer a new collection, and I don’t know why this is happening. Or, for example, I once bought a Dior skirt for almost 8 thousand euros (about 600 thousand rubles - approx. ProPedia), but it just lay there, waiting in the wings, and then... disappeared altogether. By the way, this often happens to me: my things just grow legs (laughs). Today I understand that that skirt was still an unreasonably expensive purchase. But that's all I am. And such a thing as wanting and not buying does not happen to me. As I said, if I really like something, I will give any money.

What item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?

Victoria Bonya
Google images

V.B.: This is, rather, not one thing, but several. This often happens: I just grow into one thing and can’t get it off. For example, this often happens with bags. I can not change this accessory for a whole week! Then I literally force myself to take another one. I have a lot of bags, but they can sit idle for a long time because I’m just too lazy to change them. If we talk about brands, for every day I prefer Kelly bags from Hermes. I used to like Birkins, they seemed very comfortable, but today it's Kelly. I love it very much. I would buy all the colors, but, as you know, this is impossible, so I buy a bag once a year. Perhaps another brand I would like to mention is Bvlgari.

Can you wear any item from a men's wardrobe?

Victoria Bonya
Google images

V.B.: Of course! Very often I buy men's T-shirts and wear them. I like it so.

Do you have a talisman accessory?

Victoria Bonya
Google images

V.B.: This is not exactly a talisman... I have a ring with a sapphire that Alex (Smurfit - ProPedia) gave me for the birth of our daughter Angelina. And this decoration is special to me, it is more valuable than all the others.

Is there an item in your wardrobe that was given to you by a relative or passed down to you by inheritance?

Victoria Bonya with her family
Google images

V.B.: Today there is no such thing in my wardrobe, but, for example, before I always wore clothes that were “inherited” to me from my older sister. One thing stood out to me in particular. When I arrived in Moscow, my sister wore a long gray-blue leather raincoat; it also had a hood with fur of the same smoky shade. It was very expensive and I liked it very much, and I kept waiting for my sister to wear it out so that she could take it for herself. And so it happened: she spent two months in it, then it was “inherited” to me. This was the last thing I received from my sister. 

If you cut your wardrobe down to three items, what would they be?

Victoria Bonya
Google images

V.B.: A T-shirt and jeans from the Victoria Bonya brand, of course, and Fendi or Louis Vuitton sneakers. I'm for comfort. 

What is your recipe for the perfect wardrobe?

V.B.:
Availability of basic things. That’s why I initially created collections of just the basic wardrobe. These are white and black T-shirts, jeans, a little black dress and one more dressy one for some festive events.